ATTORNEYS >> STUART D. BAKER
- J.D., University of Akron School of Law (2004)
- Millennium Scholarship Recipient
- J. Mestrel Trial Advocacy Scholarship Recipient
- CALI Award – Highest grade achieved in Trial Advocacy
- National Championship and Best Advocate – NITA Student Trial Advocacy Competition
- National Champion – ATLA Student Trial Advocacy Competition
- B.A., Bowling Green State University (2000)
- Political Science
Mr. Baker focuses his practice in all phases of trial advocacy before State and Federal Courts, in matters including personal injury, premises liability, products liability, construction law, and trucking law. He began his career with an insurance defense firm in Cleveland, Ohio representing automobile manufacturers against product liability and warranty claims. During that time, Mr. Baker built a municipal liability practice defending officers and deputies against excessive force claims. Mr. Baker moved in-house to work for the City of Akron Law Department and gained valuable experience in labor-relation matters, including collective bargaining, arbitration, mediation, administrative hearings and general litigation.
Lecturer for CLE courses:
2017 Damages in Personal Injury, “Quantifying Damages”
Mr. Baker coaches for the nationally ranked Akron School of Law Trial Team. He is a frequent lecturer for continuing legal education classes. In his free time, he enjoys hiking through the Metro-Parks, working on his golf game, and spending time with his family and friends.
Ohio State Bar Association Akron Bar Association United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals Inactive license in the Commonwealth of Kentucky